Take a tour to the Palace of Versailles daily except Monday.
- Tour days: Daily, except Monday, year round
- Departures: Pickups from 8:15 AM
- Duration: Approximately 3 1/2 hours
- Children's Rate: 4-10 years of age
- Included: Guided tour in English of the Palace of Versailles with live commentaries (no lines!); possibility to stroll some of the gardens
- Vehicle: Deluxe air-conditioned minibus that seats eight passengers
The Versailles tour will pick you up at your Paris accommodations to do a guided tour of the Palace of Versailles.
Versailles is a wealthy suburb 11 miles Southwest of Paris and the Chateau de Versailles dominates the town.
The Palace of Versailles was the capital of the kingdom of France for over a century from 1682 to 1789 (when the French Revolution began) and as such holds an amazing amount of history with the Royal courts of King Louis XIII, his son Louis XIV, the "Sun King", Louis XV, and Louis XVI. Stripped of its furniture and ornaments during the French Revolution, it was abandoned until 1830 with King Louis-Philippe transformed it into a National Museum.
Touring the Palace, you'll see the Royal Apartments, the Hall of Mirrors, the Hall of Battles, and you should be able to enjoy some time strolling in the gardens of Versailles. Designed by Andre Le Notre, the classic French Garden style was perfected here.
In particular, the Great Apartments, the Hall of Mirrors, and the Gallery of Battles are impressive to see. Throughout your tour, the guide will tell you the history associated with this magical place. You will also see some traces of Le Brun, Louis XIV's favorite painter. Portraits of the former residents are seen throughout the chateau.
Your Versailles tour ends with your return to your Paris hotel or apartment.