Book a tour from Edinburgh to visit Loch Ness, Glencoe and the Scottish Highlands. This tour is available daily year round.
The Loch Ness, Glencoe and Scottish Highlands tour details: Please note that the price is for transport and driver guide only.
- Loch Ness Tour days: Every day of the year
- Tour Departure point: Entrance to Edinburgh Castle's Esplanade (easily accessed with public transport)
- Tour Duration: 8:00 AM - 8:30 PM (arrive at 7:45 AM at the tour departure point)
- Tour price includes: Professional driver guide; Transportation in top of the range Mercedes minicoach for a more personal experience with a maximum of 16 passengers on tour. A small group tour with a maximum of 16 passengers does make a big difference to your trip. It allows us to give you more personal service. Touring with a maximum of 16 passengers, you will get more for your money, more personal attention, more time with the locals, more time off the bus, more time on the back-roads and just more of an authentic, friendly experience. The smaller groups allow you to meet people from all over the world and make friends for life; Your chance to see "Nessie"; Discount card for restaurants, shopping, and attractions.
- Tour price excludes: Lunch and refreshments, Loch Ness boat cruise, Loch Ness boat cruise available from Easter to December
- Tour highlights: Stirling Castle, Kilmahog, Rob Roy Country, Rannoch Moor, Glencoe, Fort William, Ben Nevis, The Great Glen, Fort Augustus, Loch Ness, Inverness, Pitlochry. Optional extras: Urquhart Castle tour and 5 Star Jacobite Loch Ness Cruise
- Vehicle: Deluxe air-conditioned bus
Departing from Edinburgh your tour will drive northwest, passing the imposing Stirling Castle, before making the first stop at Kilmahog. You will travel through the Rob Roy Country of Clans MacGregor and Campbell. Then you will drive over the desolate landscape of Rannoch Moor and the Black Mount to Glencoe, one of Scotland’s most famous glens and site of the 1692 massacre of the Clan MacDonald.
Continuing via Loch Linnhe, the tour will stop in the Fort William area for lunch before continuing into the natural beauty of the Great Glen passing beneath Britain’s highest mountain, Ben Nevis.
Continuing on, you will admire the Caledonian Canal and the picturesque village of Fort Augustus, where the tour will arrive at Loch Ness. From there onwards you will see spectacular views of Loch Ness since the drive will take you along the 24-mile shoreline to Urquhart Castle.
Loch Ness, 24 miles long and over 700 feet deep, is famous for its sightings of the Loch Ness monster, affectionately known as “Nessie”. You will spend approximately 2 hours at Loch Ness, where you can choose to take a wonderful Jacobite loch cruise and explore the ruins of Urquhart Castle and its modern visitor center. The boat trip on Loch Ness may not always be available on busy weekends and bank holidays.
At Inverness, the Capital of the Highlands, you'll begin your return trip to Edinburgh, crossing the Grampian Mountains and the woodland scenery of Perthshire. You will go through the the Forest of Atholl, with an evening stop at the Victorian resort town of Pitlochry.
This is a very full and wonderful day trip from Edinburgh and thrilling to visit Loch Ness and Glencoe while soaking up some of the most dramatic scenery of the Scottish Highlands. Please book the tour directly on the website and we'll send you a confirmation voucher with further details about the departure point for the tour.