Discover Carcassonne with a private guided walking tour. This Carcassonne tour begins with a hotel pickup at your Toulouse hotel. The walled city was founded in the 5th century by the Visigoths though the Romans has fortified a settlement even before that time.
- Tour days: Daily from February through October
- Duration: 8:30 AM - 1:00 PM or 2:00 PM - 6:30 PM (4 1/2 hours)
- Includes: Carcassonne walking tour of the old town, guided visit of the Cathedral
- Vehicle: Mercedes Minibus with a maximum of 8 passengers
- Price quoted is a private tour for 1-8 travelers
Please note: entrances to monuments and museums are not included in the tour cost
Because Carcassonne is one of the most well-preserved, fortified medieval cities in Europe, it is therefore one of the most outstanding sites to visit for those who dream to find out what medieval times were really about. Having been declared a World Heritage site by UNESCO in 1997, Carcassonne's Gothic architectural treasures have been well preserved.
This half day private tour will do a walking tour of the "Cité". During the tour you will discover the Count's castle, the Basilica of Saint Nazaire and Saint Celse to admire the most beautiful stained glass windows of Southern France and finally the fortifications that surround the city.
After visiting Carcassonne, your guide will return you to your Toulouse hotel.