Mona Lisa will thrill you during your guided Louvre tour that will also include other highlights like Venus de Milo and the Winged Victory of Samothrace.
- Tour days: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday year round
- Duration: 1:15 PM - 3:45 PM
- Children's Rate: 4-10 years of age
- Included: Entrance to Louvre, hotel pickup; tour ends at the Louvre, so you will return to your hotel on your own
- Tour Code: TL
- Vehicle: Deluxe air-conditioned minibus that seats eight passengers
Your Paris Louvre tour will be a guided tour in the Denon Wing of the Louvre.
During the tour, you'll see Mona Lisa, the 16th Century portrait by Leonardo da Vinci. Mona Lisa is not a large picture, but carries a mystery and fascination regarding her facial expression.
The Louvre tour will continue to Venus de Milo or Aphrodite of Milos (the island where she was found). Venus is dated at 100 B.C., and her grace and grandeur is impressive.
The Winged Victory of Samothrace is dramatically displayed in the Louvre. Unearthed in 1863, Winged Victory is believed to be from 190 B.C. commemorating a naval victory of the people of Rhodes.
After touring some of the Louvre, you will have free time to explore on your own since the tour will end there. You'll want to go into the other wings of the Louvre (the Richelieu Wing and the Sully Wing) before returning to your hotel on your own.