Book a tour to Fontainebleau Castle and Barbizon on Monday or Wednesday through March and on Monday from April through October.
- Tour days: Monday and Wednesday year round
- Duration: 1:15 PM - 6:00 PM
- Children's Rate: 4-10 years of age
- Tour Code: T04
- Included: Stop stops in Fontainebleau and Barbizon
- Vehicle: Deluxe air-conditioned minibus that seats eight passengers
First stop in this tour is Fontainebleau Castle. Fontainebleau was home to France's kings and queens, emperors and empresses from the Middle Ages. Fontainebleau was designed by Francois I and the Roman and Florentine architectural styles make it unique. The decor, paintings, and countless objects within the castle make this a memorable place to visit.
Next stop is the village of Barbizon. Barbizon was where Theodore Rousseau and Jean Francois Millet painted. The artists wanted to paint from nature in a realistic style and it's very obvious that many of the subjects in their paintings were peasants doing everyday work.
After Barbizon, your Fontainebleau and Barbizon tour will take you back to your Paris hotel or apartment.