Enjoy a Chartres tour from Paris to see the Chartres Cathedral and the medieval town.
A day tour to Chartres can be done on Monday or Thursday and will take you to the beauiful Gothic Cathedral in the town of Chartres.
Departing Paris, you will drive to Chartres (about 1 hour southwest of Paris) where you will visit the Chartres Cathedral with your guide. The Chartres Cathedral is considered to be one of the most amazing examples of High Gothic style architecture. Exceptionally well-preserved, it has stained glass windows done with an absolutely remarkable precision, beauty, and grandeur. The 176 windows are filled with dense stained glass that results in rich color and recounts Bible stories with a most vivid precision.
You will have some free time to enjoy Chartres on your own or do some shopping around the cathedral.
After lunch, there will be a walking tour of Chartres before returning to your Paris accommodations.
- Tour Code: CHF
- Chartres Tour days: Monday and Thursday from April through October
- Lunch is included
- Chartres Tour Duration: 9 hours departing at 8:00 AM
- Children's Rate: 4-17 years of age
- Pickup: Central Paris hotel or apartment
- Vehicle: Deluxe air-conditioned minibus that seats eight passengers
Book this full day tour to Chartres and see one of the most amazing treasures of the world!