The A Paris Travel Blog
My company, A Paris Travel specializes in arranging tours in France and Britain. I also arrange tours in the Republic of Ireland, Holland, Belgium, and Switzerland. My goal in these pages is to share my thoughts and ideas on traveling in France and Britain, and the other European countries where I arrange tours and other travel services.
Paris in April
I love Paris in the Springtime! So goes Cole Porter’s song first published in 1953. As HIGH season gets into full swing in Paris, I thought I’d add my thoughts about best HAUTE PARIS/UP HIGH VIEWS in Paris.
While Paris is a city best enjoyed (per the opinion of this traveler) by foot at “see level”, there’s much to also be enjoyed, appreciated, and soaked in from a variety of angles ABOVE the Champs Elysees, above the rue Rivoli, above the Boulevards Haussmann, and St. Michel, and above some famous monuments.
Here are seven Paris views from above I’d recommend:
- Arc de Triomphe: My personal favorite “up view” in Paris because I get great exercise doing the 284 stairs (permits more guilt-free enjoyment of Ladurée’s kougn amans) prior to the panoramas from the top of the Arc…up the Champs Elysées on direction all the way to the Louvre and the other direction to the Grande Arche. Also, you’ll capture the Eiffel Tower in your pictures! Entrance included with a Paris Pass. Otherwise, it’s €8.
- Montmartre: Offers fantastic vistas of the city. Enjoy a snack on the stairs by Sacre Coeur, listen to some music, and marvel at Paris below you.
- Galeries Lafayette: A department store in the 9th arrondissement that has a terrace where you can have lunch and enjoy 7th floor views to the Garnier Opera House and beyond.
- Montparnasse Tower: While admittedly an eyesore in Paris, it does provide fantastic 360 degree views of Paris. Entrance included with Paris Pass. Otherwise, it’s €13.50.
- Notre Dame Towers: Fantastic 422 steps to see spectacular views of Paris. With your Paris Pass, you can go up for free. Otherwise, it’s €8.50.
- Panthéon: A mere 276 steps and your entrance is included with a Paris Pass. Otherwise, it’s €7. This is rather less known than other up views in Paris!
- Eiffel Tower: Book your ticket on the Eiffel Tower website and get all of Paris in your pictures (except the tower itself). For that, cross over the Seine River and get the most awesome pictures of the Eiffel Tower from the Trocadéro.
Enjoy strolling Paris and don’t miss looking down and over it. The rooftops are fantastic and the streets are a marvelously monumental maze of movement. You can also see Paris by taking one of our tours shown on our Paris tours page.
Please login first in order for you to submit comments